A town planners Cairns helps communities, companies and politicians to decide on the best way to use land and buildings.
A town Planners Cairns main aim is achieving sustainability. This means balancing different social, environmental and
economic issues when official decisions are made on whether a piece of land is built on or not. Another
way to describe this job is ‘making places’, such as towns, for people to live and work. Planners do not
construct buildings but recommend how and where buildings should be built, what they should be
used for and how they should fit into the local surroundings.
1.Traffic Management Designer (TMD)
The WARP Traffic Management Queensland is currently seeking the services of a qualified TMD to join the team as our QLD Planning Manager
The Candidate is base on the Brisbane branch which is located in Slacks Creek
WARP is an establish and stable business within the traffic management industry and has been in
existence since 1997. With solid growth nationally, especially within the SEQ corner over the past
three years, and with new and current clients expanding our pipeline of work, WARP requires an
experienced TMD to join our team.
Responsibilities of TMD
- Designing, modifying, and checking traffic guidance schemes.
- Writing traffic management plans
- Managing our growing planning and permit department which currently consists of a drafter and 2 planners, as well as yourself.
- Helping our team and our clients with tendering process
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders, staff and contractors
- Managing applications and approval processes with local government authorities
- Site visits and audits
- Current Drivers licence (Class C)
- Working knowledge of Invarion (Rapid Plan)
- Traffic Management Design TMR Licence (TMD) (Essential)
- Experience in temporary traffic management designing and planning
- Working knowledge of all the relevant MUTCD, AS, QGTTM and AGTTM
- Strong decision-making and communication skills, creative thinking, and the drive to experience real hands-on work in the field
- Intermediate to Advanced skills of NearMaps
- Office 365 experience
- Understanding of safety systems and risk assessments
- Ability to self-manage projects
- Fantastic work environment
- Competitive annual salary and long-term employment
- Weekly payroll
- Car allowance
- Free Company Employee Assistance Program available to yourself and your immediate family members
- Company uniform
- Ongoing role related training
Post: CCS-162 PLANNER
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a planner, the major role you will play is a key function in driving the success and
achievement of Council by providing high quality customer service and planning and
development advice for matters relating to development assessment, strategic planning and
compliance. This position will contribute to the development and implementation of
processes to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Council by identifying opportunities
for continuous improvement, improved communication and greater service delivery.
Employment : Full Time, Permanent job
Award: Level 4 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award
Salary Range: $77,318.00 gross per year.
The successful candidate must have:
- Essential Knowledge
- Experience in liaising, consulting, negotiating and advising Councillors, Council staff, government agencies, the development industry and the general public on planning and development matters.
- Developed and demonstrated range of interpersonal and communication skills, together with demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, research and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills/literacy with a working knowledge of a wide range of applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and other related programs).
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices, with the ability to identify, resolve and report workplace health and safety issues appropriately.
- Ability to devise innovative solutions and make decisions based on Council policy, project objective and technical considerations.
- Demonstrate experience in interpreting, implementing and enforcing Federal and State legislative frameworks, policies and standards in relation to planning matters including but not limited to the following (as amended) being the; – Planning Act 2016 and Planning Regulation 2017- State Planning Policy
– Development Assessment Rules and the Ministers Guidelines and Rules
– Queensland Development Code, and
– Charters Towers Regional Council Local Laws and Policies.
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning, Environmental Planning, or related field.
- Possession and maintenance of a Queensland ‘C’ Class Driver Licence
Please visit https://www.charterstowers.qld.gov.au/directory-record/23375/ccs-162-planner
or email email@example.com For more information’s and update.
3.Development Project Manager
Economic Development Queensland (EDQ) is the responsible agency for delivering property development
activities and providing specialist land use planning and infrastructure advice.
EDQ works with local governments, industry and the community to add value to development
projects and create places and investment opportunities.
Requirements from the candidates
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications such as Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Property Economics, Business, Property, Law or Science, ideally with further study in Business Management
- Demonstrated management experience in the design and delivery of built form and/or infrastructure associated with urban development
- Be a strong and practical leader, possess high level negotiation, advocacy and change management skills and be experienced working with executive level stakeholders
- The ability to maintain and develop relationships, collaborate and share accountability across organisational and divisional boundaries to drive consistent and seamless delivery . Apply
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports on all engineering and project activities as required by Management
- Manage project costs and timelines and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Arrange project meetings and ensure project status minutes are completed and distributed
- Investigate any cost, claim and overrun anomalies and address accordingly
- Forecast final costs and provide regular analysis and updates of these forecasts as each job progresses
- Skilled in all MS Office applications including MS Project and Excel
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to challenge existing practices to identify justifiable improvement opportunities
- Minimum 2 years’ engineering experience within the civil construction industry, with residential and subdivision exposure
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Estimate from first principles
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with a demonstrated ability to discuss a wide range of issues to people across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent relationship building, problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
5.Claims Specialist, Liability
Responsibilities of Town Planners Cairns
We have a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned claims management professional to join our Claims
team within the Insurance Services division. As our Claims Specialist, you will be responsible
for end-to-end management, assessment, and settlement of a diverse range of liability claims.
You’ll be reporting to the Claims Portfolio Manager, Liability in the Claims function of the
Insurance Services division. As part of a small team working for a diverse insurer, this is a great
opportunity to collaborate with internal stakeholders and external service providers to
deliver high-quality Town Planners Cairns outcomes. Drawing on your highly developed
communication, influencing and negotiation skills along with strong analytical skills and
insurance industry knowledge, you use insights of trends within your portfolio to work with
internal colleagues to educate clients and build their knowledge of emerging trends and strategies
to reduce the level and frequency of claims.
Full Time job